The IC Essential Mix is a Electronic Dance radio show broadcast on KRUI Radio in Iowa City, Iowa, USA on Fridays, 5-7 PM CST on 89.7 FM and http://www.kruiradio.org/listen/. The show features host DJ Avant Garde, live and exclusive mixes of the very best dance music, and interviews with local artists, visiting performers, and some of the worlds biggest producers/djs/artists.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

My New Cans (Headphones)


John Digweed, Richie Hawtin, Pete Tong, and soon....ME! Users of A & H's XD-53 Headphones!

Soon I will be receiving a brand spanking new pair of Allen and Heath's XONE:XD-53 Headphones after my Denon DN HP 1000s right ear broke off. I actually really liked the Denons and would have suggested those to anyone looking for headphones in that price range. The Denon HP1000s were loud, stylish, and all round great cans. Like I said I did lose my right ear but I am not willing to say that it was a manufacturing problem because I tossed them around quite a bit (literally and figuratively). I am super pumped for these headphones, IC Essential regular DJ Nemo recently got some a couple months ago and I have been jealous ever since. I will post a full review of these headphones when I receive them!

Heres the Tonger (Pete Tong) using the cans at Ultra Festival last year...

No comments: